SEE MORE CELEBRITY HOME
CELEBRITY GALLERY

Monday, October 3, 2011

The Hamptons Beach Houses on the TV Show �Revenge�

by HOOKEDONHOUSES on OCTOBER 3, 2011


By the end of the summer when the new nighttime drama �Revenge� finally premiered on ABC, I was so sick of the endless commercials for it that I nearly didn�t watch. The only reason I tuned in was because there were fleeting images of beach houses with amazing woodwork in the ads that I wanted to see more of. And boy, am I glad I did.

Emily VanCamp (who you may recognize from �Brothers & Sisters�) plays Emily Thorne, a woman with a secret past and hidden agendas who rents this great little beach house in the Hamptons (�little� compared to the Grayson mansion next door):



This was actually filmed in North Carolina, which doubled for the Hamptons. We don�t see a lot of Emily�s beach house in the pilot, but I snapped a photo of the porch and water view�

�and the kitchen and living area when she walked through it with the real estate agent:

By the second episode, they began filming in Los Angeles, presumably on a set built to recreate the look of the original beach house. Now the main rooms have soft green walls, and you�ll notice the beamed ceilings are a little different:



They did a great job of giving the set the same overall look and feel, though. I bet most people didn�t notice the changes.





Porches wrap around the house, and one side is screened:





It�s no accident that the view from Emily�s porch is of the Grayson mansionnext door�she wants to keep a close eye on her target. She believes the Grayson family ruined her father�s life and has come to get revenge:

�Queen Victoria� Grayson (Madeleine Stowe, who manages to be both beautiful and kind of terrifying in the role) looks out from her turret, checking on her new neighbor below:

The Grayson house had me at the foyer. I mean, seriously. Look at the woodwork in this place! It was a glimpse of this in the commercials that convinced me to set my DVR and check the show out:

Like I said, the pilot was filmed in real houses in North Carolina. Interior designer Elizabeth Reynolds Sheats tipped me off that this house was featured in the Wrightsville Beach Magazine recently.

Here�s how that foyer looks in the magazine:



Gorgeous! I continued to ooh and ahh when I saw the living room and kitchen on the show�



Here�s how those spaces look in the magazine:



The exterior of the real house isn�t the one shown on TV, but it�s beautiful, too. The article calls it �West Indies-inspired.�

The other two rooms they filmed in were the master bedroom and bath.

There are great photos of the bedroom and bath in the magazine, including this one:

Head over to Wrightsville Beach Magazine to see the rest (photos by Joshua Curry and article by Shannon Darrough and Marimar McNaughton). Thanks again to Elizabeth for tracking it down for me!

In the second episode, I was eager to see how they�d recreate these rooms on a soundstage. Here are a few pics I snapped while watching it:

The sofas are different, but I recognize Victoria�s chair as either being the same or something very similar to one we saw in the pilot.



You�ll notice they also moved the staircase from the foyer so you can now see it behind the living room:

Although they�re shooting mostly in California now, they mix in plenty of location shots like this one of the Grayson mansion to make us feel like we�re really in the Hamptons�



Are you watching this show on Wednesday nights and loving the houses, too? (You can catch the episodes you missed online at ABC, by the way.) I have to say it�s better than I expected. I�ll keep watching not only for the real estate, but to see how the all the juicy drama unfolds!