SEE MORE CELEBRITY HOME
CELEBRITY GALLERY

Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall Decorating Party: Link Up!

by HOOKEDONHOUSES on SEPTEMBER 30, 2011


Come on in! I�ve been slowly taking down all of the �summer stuff� in my house and redecorating for fall. Every year I do a little less, and if you�ve been reading my blog for long, then you know I�ve always kept things pretty simple.

I like the seasons to be represented in some way throughout the year, though, so starting in September I bring out the orange pillows and throws, a few mercury glass pumpkins and gnarly yellow gourds, and I start feeling a little better about leaving summer behind�

I�m always rearranging my mantel and playing with the stuff on it. Here�s how it looks today, with some of my orange pottery and a few little pumpkins. (Layla�s having a mantel decorating party at The Lettered Cottage if you need more inspiration for yours!)

Can you tell I like symmetry? Is that the sign of a total control freak? (You don�t have to answer that!)

The little sugar and creamer set on my turquoise chest (above) are old family heirlooms brought over from Germany by my husband�s great grandparents. Love �em.



So that�s how things are looking around here these days. I�m (almost) ready for cooler weather now.