SEE MORE CELEBRITY HOME
CELEBRITY GALLERY

Thursday, October 6, 2011

The �American Idol� Mansion on Mulholland Drive



by HOOKEDONHOUSES on MARCH 10, 2011
Have you been watching this season of �American Idol�? I can�t believe I�m saying this, but it has actually gotten pretty good this year. I was skeptical about their choice of judges and the show�s ability to move on without Simon Cowell, but they have managed to breathe some new life into the proceedings.
On last night�s show, Ryan Seacrest mentioned that the finalists had moved into a mansion together, so of course I had to see if I could track down photos of it. Turns out it�s a house in Beverly Hills that was already on another reality show earlier this week��Million Dollar Listing� on Bravo (love that show).
After slogging through the Beverly Hills real estate listings, I found the mansion onMulholland Drive. I recognized it right away as a house we had just seen real estate agent Josh Altman take a client to see on �MDL.�
They had only gotten halfway through the showing when Josh�s client said, �Um, yeah, I don�t need to see any more. Let�s move on.� And while I felt sorry for the crestfallen real estate agent who was giving them the tour, I could totally understand his lack of enthusiasm for the place.
The house has 15,000 square feet that includes 9 bedrooms and 9 baths. It looks way too big for a single family to live in comfortably, but it�s probably perfect for the AI kids to crash in for awhile.
The listing price for the house is $12 million, so why do these photos look like they were taken with a disposable camera in 1975?
Let�s hope none of the American Idol finalists attempt to actually sit on the benches on this ledge after a bad performance�
According to TMZ, the rent is $100,000 a month. *Cough.*
A lot of the beds in the house are up on raised platforms like this. Not sure I�d want to feel like I was sleeping on a stage.
My favorite thing about the house may be the view:
Do you have an �American Idol� contestant you�re rooting for? I think Casey is crazy talented, but so are a lot of the other finalists, so I have no idea who might end up in the top three. Anyone want to make a prediction?
More photos and information about the mansion on TMZ and the listing. Or check out Jennifer Lopez�s new digs.