SEE MORE CELEBRITY HOME
CELEBRITY GALLERY

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Funny Real Estate: A Bear in the House!



by HOOKEDONHOUSES on AUGUST 30, 2011
In these difficult real estate times, listing agents are getting increasingly creative in their attempts to grab our attention. We�ve seen houses staged with limes in every room, with (*ahem*) models lounging provocatively around the house, with Don and Betty Draper wannabes, and even a tipsy doll (one of my personal faves).
This listing in Raleigh, North Carolina, takes its own approach by telling a story about a bear that sneaks into the house and, well, see for yourself:

The bear made a beeline to the kitchen, of course:
Laura, the reader who sent me this listing, points out that it�s kind of like a reverse Goldilocks story, with a bear sneaking into the house instead of a little girl.
Naptime:
Oh, my.  Is he on the potty?
Bath time:
Playing dress-up:
Story time:
Sadly, this story doesn�t have the happy ending you�d expect. Looks like the bear was found dead in the living room at the end of the day:
I�m not sure that this would sell me on a house�I was looking at the bear more than the rooms he was in�but it definitely makes the listing more memorable. If nothing else, it made me laugh�and it�s better than the animals we saw in these photos recently. Do you think this approach is too cutesy, too creative, or just right?