SEE MORE CELEBRITY HOME
CELEBRITY GALLERY

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Charming �Country Cape� For Sale in Connecticut

by HOOKEDONHOUSES on SEPTEMBER 25, 2011


On Sundays I like to spotlight a house from the real estate listings that I think is beautiful, different, or interesting in some way. This week I found what may be my dream home, described in the listing as a �Country Cape� in Washington, Connecticut.

I�ve always fantasized about having a country house like this�possibly because I�ve watched too many old movies that feature them, like Bringing Up Baby and Christmas in Connecticut.

This one may look like an old farmhouse that�s been renovated, but it was actually built in 2005 with authentic beams and fieldstone and lots of beautiful woodwork for added character. Take a look!





I keep thinking of more movies that have made me want to buy a country house over the years. Baby Boom is another favorite (despite how moving to the country made Diane Keaton�s character kind of lose her mind). Wonder how cute the vet is in this town?



Love the stone fireplace and vaulted ceiling in here with the old beams.

Can�t you see this house all styled up and on the cover of Country Living?

There�s nearly 4,700 square feet, with 5 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, and a separate apartment over the garage.



A pretty portico:

The back of the house has arbors and a fieldstone wall:

Want it? (I do!) Asking price is $1.495 million. For more photos and information, check the listing by Carol Bablonka of Klemm Real Estate.