SEE MORE CELEBRITY HOME
CELEBRITY GALLERY

Friday, March 13, 2009

Have you visted Boden?

Very recently I received a catalog in the mail that I nearly dismissed because I get a ton of catalogs and junk mail (I see almost all of you nodding your heads in agreement). I paused before chucking this one in the recycle bin because the picture on the front got my attention: a very thin and attractive model (of course) wearing a very springy yellow top and jacket with a pair of white chinos. The color combination really popped off the page and it made me pause, rifle through it quickly, then sit down and actually go through it more slowly. I'd never heard of Boden before and after looking through the catalog, I realized why: they're a UK company.

I love their manifesto, which was printed on the first page of the catalog: "Choose your clothes as you would choose your friends. The best tend to be warm, witty and comfortable. Don't scrimp on olive oil. get the good stuff. Avoid clothes that are worn today, worn out tomorrow. Trends will come and go (take jumpsuits). Keep a corkscrew in your picnic basket. Buy clothes because you like them. They should help you feel as happy in your own skin as you were as a child. NEVER STAND BEHIND A HORSE. Make up your own mind. Be yourself. Never give up."

Here are a few items that I love from their spring line. And they're not ridiculously priced. All are available on www.bodenusa.com.