SEE MORE CELEBRITY HOME
CELEBRITY GALLERY

Monday, August 30, 2010

Fail!

I have yet to watch the entire Emmy's (um, True Blood and Mad Men were on at the same time, and sorry, those take precedence), but I did catch the red carpet and the first hour, and the opening number was pretty great.  Seriously, that Jon Hamm is funny (however, Don Draper is not...oh my God, the episode of Mad Men last night was soooo awkward from a Don Draper point of view.  I actually covered my eyes at one point because I just couldn't watch the train wreck that he's become). 

But, how about that red carpet?  I was mostly underwhelmed, but man, were some of those dresses bad.  I think the worst of the evening was January Jones.  I mean, what in the world was she thinking putting this thing on and then going out in public?  I'm pretty sure even Cyndi Lauper wouldn't wear that thing.

I might as well stay on Mad Men and talk about Christina Hendricks' dress, because, like her costar January, it was a huge flop.  The style is not flattering on her at all, but what is with those feathers?  It's too 1800's prostitute.  I think Wyatt Earp would have liked this dress.
And, then there was this.  Poor Mindy Kaling. I mean, she should be fined for this.  Honey, it's the Emmy's.  Not tryouts for Who's the Next Burlesque Babe.  Maybe she's just tired of dressing business casual for The Office.

And, the Tara Reid Award of the evening goes to CSI: Miami's Eva LaRue.  But, to quote her co-star, Horatio Caine: "It's not important what people say about us. It's important what we think of ourselves inside." 

[Images via Getty Images]