SEE MORE CELEBRITY HOME
CELEBRITY GALLERY

Friday, January 16, 2009

Totally digging...



Lisa Hannigan. I downloaded her new album,
Sea Sew from iTunes recently and after a few listens, I'm really enjoying her folky sound. I fell in love with her when she sang and toured with Damien Rice (their professional career ended in 2007, which I do believe has hurt Damien's career!), and now she's working on her solo career. She has such a hauntingly beautiful voice, one that renders you breathless at times.

I also recently downloaded the Irish music collective
The Cake Sale, with Lisa singing lead on a few songs. One of those songs, Some Surprise, is a sweet song about kissing and growing up. The Cake Sale is a great collection of some really amazing songs by some pretty awesome Irish singers (Gary Lightbody, Glen Hansard, Gemma Hayes for example).

She's currently touring with Jason Mraz and is coming to The Paradise in Boston on March 3rd.

[image via
sligomodelblog]