SEE MORE CELEBRITY HOME
CELEBRITY GALLERY

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oh those Golden Globes

I know my coverage of the Golden Globes is a tad late, but I spent yesterday at Maine Medical Center with my family while my grandfather was getting a new defibulator "installed" (he did great and is now home trying to get some much needed rest). So, I watched the Globes this morning and have decided on a few things. First, some of you may know this, but I do have an addiction to award shows (yes, all of them) - I love the fashion dos and don'ts, the holding your breath when an actress walks out on stage in some ridiculously long dress and you wonder, maybe, must maybe she might take a digger, the reactions to winning or losing, the fake air kissing... I really enjoy it all. Secondly, I've put together a few of my own highlights below.

The bad

What in the world was Renee Zellweger thinking when she put this on? It certainly shouldn't have been: "Oh, yeah, this looks hot. I mean, look at me!" It should've been "Hmm. Not quite sure Ursula from The Little Mermaid is a look I should be going for tonight."



"Hi, I'm Brooke Burke! I've had fifteen children and I'm still hotter than you! Hi, I'm Brooke Burke! I may not have the best fashion sense, but I'm Brooke Burke! My boobs just won Dancing with the Stars! I'm Brooke Burke!"



"Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! I like role playing! Stripper, pirate, who cares!"




And even though I love him, what was up with David Duchovny's shout out to his "wife?" They're married, then he's in rehab for sex addiction, she's smooching with Billy Bob, then they're separated, then he's cured, now they're back together. Being a celebrity is so exhausting.

The Good

I have to say, I didn't have any favorite dresses, but I thought Kate Winslet looked lovely (plus, I love that she won two Golden Globes!) and I quite liked Eva Mendes' Dior dress (not the necklace).





Heath Ledger winning best supporting actor for the Dark Knight - yes, there were a few tears.

Johnny Depp presenting an award... Could he be any hotter??

Tina Fey's acceptance speech for Best Actress where she told all the Tina Fey haters and doubters to go "suck it."

Sacha Baron Cohen presenting an award, but also giving us a bit of entertainment with a few tasteful (some say tasteless) jokes: �But this recession is affecting everyone, even celebrities. Victoria Beckham hasn�t eaten for three weeks. Charlie Sheen has been forced to have sex without paying for it. It�s true. And even Madonna has had to get rid of one of her personal assistants. (pauses) Our thoughts go out to you Guy Ritchie.�

The Ugly

There were a few things that I found horribly inappropriate.

Miley Cyrus (just because I can't stand her. When is her five minutes going to be up!??!)
.

Beyonce's cleavage. Normally, I love Beyonce's cleavage. But, this cleavage looks like a butt.



Drew's hair. I don't think I need to say any more.




Lisa Rinna. Honestly, she just scares me. It looks like she's wearing a gigantic zipper.