SEE MORE CELEBRITY HOME
CELEBRITY GALLERY

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Getting Beach Ready

Ok, so I know I'm getting ahead of myself with this since the sun just came out for the first time in months in Boston yesterday, but I'm actually really looking forward to spending time on the beach this year.  I'm not the best beach person, mostly because I can't be in the sun for more than 20 minutes at a time, but I do love going and relaxing with a good book.  So, in ancticipation of the beach season, I've been checking out some of the must have beach accessories for 2011 and thought I'd share a few:

A super soft and sassy beach towel - thanks, Roxy, for this little gem:


Sperry's women's Jellyfish Thong in this cute nautical print:
I bought a great swimsuit cover-up last season at Nordstroms that basically looks like an oversized men's button up shirt and I LOVE it.  It's blue and white striped, long sleeve (however, I normally roll the sleeves up), it's lightweight, and it looks fantastic by itself or paired with shorts and flip flops.  Of course Nordstroms doesn't have it available anymore, but Jcrew has something similar:


A cute straw fedora to wear while floating in the water (my scalp always get burned when I'm swimming!):


Sunblock, sunblock, and sunblock!  I never ever go anywhere without putting at least some kind of SPF on my face, and at the beach, I am a Nazi about applying and reapplying.  But, I hate the sun block lotions, so I always buy sprays (what can I say, I'm lazy).  One of my go-to products is Banana Boat Ultra Mist Sport Sunblock Spray, which I use just on my body.  For my face, I normally need something more sensitive and more powerful and I absolutely love Neutrogena Sunblock Stick.  I keep one in my bag at all times because it comes in handy for those unplanned lunches on a patio or deck.  But, in the off chance that I do burn my face, this comes in mighty handy.  And don't forget chapstick!

A good beach read:



A practical and sturdy beach tote to lug all your essentials in:

 Plus a cooler to bring lots of water, fruit, a sandwich, and whatever else you like to snack on:

This is definitely a must have for the girl who can't be in the sun very long but still loves to hang out on the beach.  And for $10, you'd be silly not to buy one!


Are you wanting to hit the beach now?!