SEE MORE CELEBRITY HOME
CELEBRITY GALLERY

Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscar Fashion - HITS

There was a lot of berry colors on the red carpet last night and, of course, there were definitely a few lovely ladies that stood heads above the rest. 


I can't believe I'm going to say it, but one of my top favorites of the evening was Kristen Stewart.  I know, I know - GASP!  I loved her dress but I definitely think she needed some kind of accessory.  As in, bling, not a handsome brooding Brit.  She may have looked gorgeous but her awkwardness was still in full effect.  She really needs to take some public speaking courses.  It's just uncomfortable watching her address, well, anyone. 


Probably my favorite of the night was Elizabeth Banks.  Her dress was practically perfection. The color, the fit, the style.  She totally rocked it.  I was bummed not to see more of her during the show, especially since she presented rather quickly and then disappeared behind the stage.  But, big thumbs up to her for this selection.


I've given Anna Kendrick a rough time as of late with regards to some of her fashion choices, so I was pleased to see her looking very pretty in a blush colored Elie Saab gown.  I am also impressed with her performance in Up in the Air.  I had no idea the girl could act and yes, she can act.  Very well.  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of her (outside of the Twilight Saga) to see what else she can bring to the table.

I didn't LOVE Sandra's dress, but I do think she looked stunning in it.  She was glowing and she gave one hell of an acceptance speech.  It was classy, funny, and moving.  Even though I haven't seen The Blindside yet, I'm happy to see that after 20+ years in the business, she's earned her Academy Award.  And, at 45, she looks amazing. 


[Images via Oscar.com]