SEE MORE CELEBRITY HOME
CELEBRITY GALLERY

Friday, March 19, 2010

Miley bashes country music

Oh, I can just hear the backlash now and it makes me giggle.  The brilliant Miley Cyrus had this to say about the music that made her Dad (and her) famous:

"It scares me� It feels contrived on so many levels. Unless you're wearing a cowboy hat and cowboy boots and singing and whining about your girlfriend or boyfriend leaving you it's not going to sell.  I think that's why my dad finally got out of it. You have to wear those cowboy boots and be sweet as pie. It makes me nervous, the politics of it all."
 
How much you want to bet Miley doesn't even know what contrived means?
 
Now, I do agree that some country music can be very old school twangy (Brooks & Dunn), but does she even know what she's talking about?  Has she listened to country music lately??  One thing I hate the most is when people talk about shit they obviously shouldn't be talking about.  I'm not the biggest country music fan, but I do have my favorites, and I'd like to clarify to Miss Cyrus that most of the country music that's popular today is more pop country, with groups / individuals singing about more than just a break up.  The song "Just a Dream" by Carrie Underwood?  That song makes me cry almost every time.  What about "All I Want to Do" by Sugarland?  That song makes me smile and feel happy.  And I can't forget "Fancy" by Reba.  Seriously, one of my all time favorite songs ever! 
 
Oh, and Miley, nice cowboy hat.