SEE MORE CELEBRITY HOME
CELEBRITY GALLERY

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A new year

Well, I can't believe it, but it's January, 2010. I mean, really? Already? I swear to God it was just September 1995 and I was starting college. Remember that day? Gah. I don't do new year resolutions because I always end up breaking them, but having said that, I'm really focusing on me this year. Yup, me. I know, sounds selfish, but I've realized that I've really neglected myself the past few years and, sadly, let myself go more than I really care to think about. So, this will be The Year of Heather. I'm going to rid my life of negativity (unfortunately, there's a lot of that going around) and do some major cleaning. Y'know, get rid of all that excess baggage that keeps me from being happy. Some of that baggage is just toxic and I can't, for the life of me, even begin to think how I've tolerated much of it for so long.

Here are a few of my beginner steps to The Year of Heather (no these are NOT resolutions):

1. Implement a vegan diet (so far, so good). I've been a vegetarian for almost 10 years now, but going that extra step is something I've been toying with for a few years. I did some reading (and am still doing) over Christmas and that definitely helped me come to the decision to go vegan.

2. Surround myself with supportive and positive people. Lately I've come to terms with the fact that not everyone in my life really does want what's best for me. They can be spiteful, hurtful, and even mean. So, out you go. Spending more time with the people I love will be much more rewarding anyway!

3. Cook more. A lot more.

4. Stop over analyzing things and just get over it. Live. Breathe. I'll be fine.

5. Channel the Heather I knew from 1998. What happened to all that energy? And passion?

That's all I've got right now. Obviously, I'm a work in progress.