SEE MORE CELEBRITY HOME
CELEBRITY GALLERY

Monday, February 9, 2009

The Grammy Awards

The 51st Grammy Awards were on last night and, well, I have a lot to say.

Hits:

Whitney looks good! Life without Booobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbyyyyyy! is definitely treating her well. Even though she sounded a bit confused a few times. But what was up with her awkwardly pulling her dress back to reveal her full leg / thigh?



[image via Socialitelife]

Holy Kings of Leon. Very sassy on the red carpet.
Hey Coldplay, this is how a male group dresses for the red carpet.




Carrie Underwood's performance of "Last Name." She rocked it!

Paul McCartney and Dave Grohl performing "I Saw Her Standing There." I love Dave Grohl and he totally kicked some major butt on drums.

Now, I hated what MIA was wearing (um, she's pregnant and her due date was the day of the awards!), but her "Swagga Like Us" performance with Lil Wayne, Jay Z, T.I., and Kanye was pretty good. I just love her cause I love her.




Adele and Jennifer Nettles (from Sugarland) singing Adele's awesomely fantastic song, "Chasing Pavements." I do love both of these women!




Radiohead performing with the USC marching band (um, this should've opened the show!). Very hot!

I don't know who Dweezil Zappa's date is, but she was dressed better than practically every single female attending the show. I love the style of this dress.




Misses:

U2 opening the show. And, with a song / album that isn't even eligible for the awards. Wait, what? One of the actual nominees should've opened. Actually, a lot of the performances seemed a bit odd to me (Um, Jonas Brothers and Stevie Wonder?). See Complete and Utter Tragedies below.

Katy Perry's sloppy performance of "I Kissed a Girl." Yawn. And, what is up with that outfit??
This is... well, it's autrocious. The song's called "I Kissed a Girl" not I kissed a fruit basket. This is another one that I would love see get a new stylist.



Did Solange Knowles think she was going to the 9th grade dance? Um, that's what you're wearing to the Grammy Awards? Did you remember to put your bubblicious in that cool little purse, Solange?




Complete and Utter Tragedies:

Kanye West's hair. He's totally channeling Michael Jackson's
Thriller days with a pinch of Eric La Salle in Coming to America. And I think Estelle is wearing Aretha's hat from her presidential inauguration performance.



What in the world was going on with Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift singing a duet together? Did anyone's ears bleed besides mine? God, it was, as my friend Simon Cowell would say, complete and utter drudgery. That Miley girl just drives me nuts anyway (seriously, those facial expressions when she sings... she might as well be sitting on the toilet trying to poo). If you missed it but still want to hear the horridness, you were warned.

Honestly. Lisa Rinna, please please please stop wearing such revealing clothing. I mean, seriously, we're close to crotch shot here. You're not 22. Or even 32. Next time you go shopping on Rodeo Drive, please spend the extra few bucks and pick up some class.
Please. And maybe find a new hair salon.



Oh, wow. You can't even tell she's pregnant in this thing, which is maybe what MIA was going for. Easy access for the EMTs if she were to go into labor? All I know is if she went into labor in that thing, the baby would probaby come out thinking her/his mother was a peacock.





[All images other than Whitney Houston are via TV Guide]