SEE MORE CELEBRITY HOME
CELEBRITY GALLERY

Friday, August 19, 2011

Kelly Wearstler�s Malibu Beach House





Kelly Wearstler in Met HomeAfter hearing the sad news that Metropolitan Home would be the latest in a long string of shuttered shelter mags, I checked out the latest issue, which features �Kelly Wearstler�s Ultra-Glam Beach House.� Kelly Wearstler is a well-known designer and one of the judges on Bravo TV�s Top Design.
You know I love looking at beach houses�heck, I have an entire blog dedicated to them at Beach Cottage Love! But this one left me cold, so I thought I�d see what you think about it.
beach house-living room
That funky French chandelier is made with �splayed copper branches that suggest seaweed.� (If you say so!) There�s one in the dining room, too:
Beach house-dining room
According to the magazine, the wallpaper in the bedroom is hand-painted �with lines as jagged as shattered slate.� The vintage headboard is bracketed with gilded spirals. On either side of the bed are pyramid-shaped lamps and vintage chairs that are �all about comfort.�
beach house-bedroom
All I could think about was the time that Hildi glued pieces of straw to a poor homeowner�s walls on an episode of Trading Spaces.
Beach house-bathroomPhotos by Fran�ois Halard. You can see the entire gallery of photos in Metropolitan Home. Head over to The Skirted Roundtable to hear an interesting podcast about the alarming number of decor-mag closures.
  • Love it!
     1%

  • I like it, but it's not really my style.
     6%

  • It leaves me cold.
     92%

Closed
Total Votes: 528